Tuesday, January 10, 2012

From the Sketch Book - Sugar Ray Robinson



During my stint with PBS working Master Control, I had a lot of time in between movies and shows. I would sketch every now and then. This was also after a time where I was feeling burned out on illustration as a career. At this point, I felt like maybe if I developed a new style I would get that passion back. This was one of my sketch book attempts to develop a new style. I chose to use a picture of Sugar Ray Robinson. All I had on my was a black colored pencil, pencil and the blue ink pen from the log book. I found this picture in a envelope full of pages that I ripped from my sketch book. They were squirreled away for future possible final paintings. The top piece was the whole sketch. The bottom is a close up detail section.

No comments:

Post a Comment