Sunday, January 8, 2012

AMF Wind Surfer Illustration from Poster Concept

This was another vignette from the AMF poster piece I had worked on. It went along with the archer that I previously showed. I show this piece, because it is one of those things that I learned from. It serves as a constant reminder to flesh out ideas before tackling them in final form. Also that small rough thumbnails do not necessarily translate to large final formats. The red triangle in the corner is what was supposed to be a part of the AMF symbol. While in my head and on a small thumbnail form, the idea seemed great, it really did not translate well at larger size. Not to mention the amount of work I inadvertently carved out for myself by creating all these vignettes. I don't think it ever made it to print and frankly I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment