Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bullets Cowboy Drive Thru Concept Illustration

During our down time in the freelance days of Pencil Pushers, we would try to come up with pieces that we could drum up work with. This was right around the time of the burger joint, "Bullets" opening and being kind of big. I wanted to do a tie in with this guy going through the drive-thru. I got this far and was side tracked with actual work. By the time I got back to it, I wasn't to much in to the idea anymore. The piece remains unfinished and lacks enough board to finish it traditionally. Was done with Payne's Grey and White Acrylic. White and Black Colored pencil for some detailing.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece but pretty rediculous with him building the bullets fast food. I think this could be a pretty awesome and funny piece if you decided to paint it in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building = holding on first comment.
    I wouldn't paint the horse though. Painting top of dude and background looks like it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah well, it was not supposed be too serious of a pic to start with. The idea you had would work. I have tons of ideas to rework it now, but alas there are no more Bullets hamburger establishments left it seems. They all closed up from what I can tell. My other take was making everything old. Making the building look like a wooden facade building that you would see in a typical western town. Bell hanging out front the window. Some handlebar mustache guy with suspenders working the window. Everything but the Drink and the bag it came in would be vintage looking. With the computer I could probably rough it up to see what it would look like.

    ReplyDelete