Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chrome Cadillac Hood Ornament Illustration

This is sort of a follow up to the oil and chocolate illustration. As mentioned one of my instructors at VCU was Alex Bostic and he had us practice illustrating things like, metal, chocolate, clouds, feathers, rocks, etc. This was the result of the Chrome assignment. I remember going to the Library and finding a book on cars and they had hood ornaments. I don't know for certain but it appears to be a hood ornament from a 1950s Cadillac. Of course when I found the reference I found it in a book, much easier to find online current day. This was mainly an airbrush piece with the final parts being done with Acrylic paint and colored pencil. The scan is not that great but it helps hide some of the rougher spots. Some parts I feel succeeded very well. There are many areas that I would change today, but it truly reflects the level I was at during that time of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment