Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mercury Illustration

I can't for the life of me remember what this was for. It was one in a series of 3 images. Mercury, Poseidon, and Atlas. For some reason I am thinking it was for Overnite Trucking Company, but I am not positive. I will have to check and see. This series was done in part due to an illustration that I had done for a Signet Bank Illustration. The look was very angular and stylized and the advertising agency liked the idea of using a similar style for this Mythological campaign series. The actual pieces and were done with Acrylic, Airbrush and Colored Pencil. Rest of series to follow if I can find them all.

3 comments:

  1. I love this style (and the execution, of course) ... Totally reminds me of propaganda posters. You know what the world needs? A series of sarcastic propaganda posters. Hmm.... now that's an idea ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you use as a starting reference for the figure on this? Do you remember? Please don't tell me you did it from your head, cause the lighting on it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paul. Yes actually I did the whole series of these from my head. I used to want to be a comic book artist so I started studying anatomy in middle school. I was fascinated with muscles and trying to draw them from memory. The lighting actually probably has about 4 sources, but I was just going for what looked nice or as my boss says now, "Don't get too hung up on reality, just make it look pretty!"

    ReplyDelete